Tuesday, November 29, 2005

You Learn Something New Every Day

I've been bested. I'm floored. I can usually go head-to-head with anyone (except maybe Billy, but we probably come out even, depending on subtopic) on movie trivia. Why do I know that so-and-so was in a movie I've never seen, nor have plans to? I don't know! I guess that's what took the place of physics in my brain. Sorry, Mrs. Golcher.

Anyhow, so, I saw Rent this weekend.
Yes. Me.
Are we over that? Great.

The lead character, Adam, is ably played by the actor who originated the role on stage: Anthony Rapp.


Anthony Rapp ... also known as Daryl Coopersmith from Adventures In Babysitting.




WHAT? WHY WASN'T I AWARE OF THIS?! HOW DID THIS MISS MY RADAR?!

And you know who bested me? My beloved sister. I guess now we're even for the time I beat her to the punch and told her that Fergie from the Black-Eyed Peas was once upon a time Stacy Ferguson of K.I.D.S. Incorporated and Mr. T's Be Somebody Or Be Somebody's Fool fame.

I'm man enough to admit when I've been bested.

And I'm childish enough to remind everyone of this:

Incidentally,
Fast Forward Rating: Rent: depends on your tolerance for musical theater and / or Chris Columbus (recent Chris Columbus, not The Goonies Chris Columbus)
Adventures In Babysitting: "You've gotta be shitting me!" 0%
Mr. T's Be Somebody Or Be Somebody's Fool: You'd be crazy as Murdoch to touch that fast forward button! 0%
Drinks: AZT cocktails ... too soon?

1 Comments:

Blogger Billy Farquhar said...

Honey, it's not your fault you didn't know about Anthony Rapp. It's ok. If we had ever had a conversation remotely about him, I would have let you know.

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home