Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Coming Soon!

Billy and I deeply apologize for the lackadasical updatery that's been going on here. We've both been busy with work. Or incapacitated by champagne cocktails. Either way.

But! We each have a piece we'll be posting in the near future.

Billy's going to write about the beauteous, bounteous Queen of Blaxpoitation and Beyond, Pam Grier (he is luuuurving her right now.)
Films likely to be discussed:

  • Friday Foster
  • Foxy Brown
  • Jackie Brown
  • The Arena
  • Women In Cages
Films unlikely to be discussed: The Adventures of Pluto Nash. I'm still reeling from that one. And I wouldn't even inflict that "movie" on my worst enemy, let alone poor Billy.


Me, I'm a masochist. I'm planning a Retrospecticus on the man, the myth, the drunken train wreck: Richard Burton.
Films that will be discussed:
  • Candy
  • BOOM!
  • The Exorcist II
  • Staircase (Dick and Rex "Sexy Rexy" Harrison as gay lovers - no joke)
  • Circle of Two (Dick and Tatum O'Neal as lovers - again, no joke)
Films unlikely to be discussed: I don't know if we can sit through Cleopatra without our livers jumping ship mid-movie. Perhaps with liberal fast-forwarding.
The Dr. and I couldn't even get far enough in The Klansman to get to Dick's part, so I don't think that'll make the list.
Also, I may or may not talk about the occasions when Dick is good - such as Night Of The Iguana and Who's Afraid Of Virginia Woolf? - but we'll see how charitable I'm feeling after suffering through the above dreck.



Prepare yourself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home